At the Fleet Science Center, you can touch a tornado, design images with a sand pendulum, examine the vibration of guitar strings and get your hands on a variety of intriguing scientific phenomena through dozens of delightful interactive exhibits for all ages.
The Fleet is home to the Heikoff Giant Dome Theater, presenting immersive IMAX® films and digital planetarium shows, transporting audiences from outer space to under water and every place in between. Its unique configuration wraps the audience in images and provides the illusion of being suspended in space.
Located in beautiful Balboa Park, the Fleet Science Center also offers:
- The Tinkering Studio, where you can experiment, invent and create
- Kid City, a place just for kids ages five and under
- Classes, workshops, camps and more
- Craveology, which serves up flatbread pizzas, salads and healthy treats
- The North Star Science Store, where you can find unique, science-related toys and games, books, IMAX DVDs and more