Membership in the San Diego Museum Council is open to any legally organized not-for-profit institution which meets guidelines set by the Council. To request a membership information packet please contact the executive director at the Council.Members receive valuable benefits for their museums including promotional opportunities at little or no cost including:
- Museum Month: This annual promotion offers half-off museum admission at participating museums with the use of a Museum Month Pass during the month of February.
- Museum Arts Brief: This monthly cooperative advertising program with KPBS Public Broadcasting includes 30-second spots on KPBS-FM, 30-second spots on KPBS-TV and a page on the station's Web site.
- Reciprocal Admission: A valuable benefit to SDMC members allows your employees free admission to all member museums.
- Museums of San Diego Brochure: More than 150,000 brochures are distributed annually at 394 information sites throughout San Diego County. In addition, the Council has rack space at the San Diego International Airport, International Visitor's Center on Harbor Drive, and at California Welcome Centers in Oceanside and Santa Ana. The brochure is also distributed at fairs and festivals and to convention groups.
- Educational Workshops: The Council hosts quarterly educational workshops on subjects of interest to the museum industry including marketing, public relations, exhibit planning, and more.