The San Diego Museum Council (SDMC) provides support services to the museum industry in management, resource networking, advocacy, professional education, and promotional opportunities. Each year, SDMC connects thousands of people to arts and culture through programming and promotions.
SDMC is looking for a person to support internal organizational administrative functions and develop communication strategies and infrastructure that will better inform our members and the museum community. The position is part-time, contracted, with initial funding for 10 hours/week up to a six-month period (contract length and hours/week flexible). The rate of pay is $20/hour.
File management, office organization, and template development.
- Research and provide recommendation on platform to replace current document/asset storage to efficiently organize materials and provide accessibility by entire Board from external locations. Implement move to new platform.
- Assist Executive Director in organizing the Museum Council office files, historical documents, brand/marketing materials, member museum collateral and guest passes, etc.
- Development and rollout of templates and tools, such as post-event/program evaluation tool, Survey Monkey templates, etc.
- Database management. Assist with fine-tuning and updating member database for 43 organizational members and more than 300 email contacts. Set up image database to collect and store museum photos for media, social media and website use.
- Print collateral/advertising support. Make updates to Museum Council collateral materials, and work with marketing committee to develop list of annual co-op advertising opportunities for members.
- Utilize online news tracking platform for managing reports and updating key search words.
- Digital marketing assistance. Develop editorial calendar and draft copy for upcoming year of member email communication; maintain current website with occasional updates for members, and manage member Facebook group postings.
QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS:
Requirements include: Bachelor’s degree (or college courses taken) in communications, marketing, public relations or related field of study. One or more years of professional experience in one of these fields is strongly preferred. Nonprofit experience a plus, but not required.
- Proficiency in standard business software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proficiency in online software storage platforms and file organization (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.).
- Familiarity of major design applications (AI, InDesign, Photoshop) not required but a plus.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and remain flexible with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail in both visual and written form with exceptional proofreading skills.
- Understanding of social media applications and tools, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and email distribution platforms.
- Strong collaboration skills.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE